ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: "Local" Immutable properties
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:40:20 GMT
On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Bevan Arps <bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz> wrote:

> We on the list seem to be agreeing that properties should all be
> immutable.

Not really, see <http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/features.html> the
last sentence in the first paragraph of the section "New/Modified
Features" - I really should add some anchors to this document.

> But should they all be global?

We had a recent thread about property scoping on ant-dev, see
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=100349878900001&w=2&r=1>, we've not
come to a conclusion yet, which is probably my fault.

> I have a suggestion: How about adding a new attribute to target
> specifying local-properties that works as follows.

I'd really love to discuss some use-cases for this, can we move that
over to ant-dev?  Maybe picking up the thread I've mentioned above?

Stefan