ant-user mailing list archives

From MARobert...@dstsystems.com
Subject Re: Still having problems with javac source file location
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:48:16 GMT

You nailed it Stefan!  There were several uppercase letters in the
structure!  I guess I've been corrupted by Windows and am new enough to
Java to forget about case sensitivity most of the time.  I KNEW it was
going to be some trivial, stupid mistake!

In answer to your other questions, the build.xml file is in the util
directory, and I'm running Ant 1.4

Thanks for your help!!

Marc

                    Stefan

                    Bodewig              To:     ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    <bodewig@apac        cc:

                    he.org>              Subject:     Re: Still having problems with javac
source file location

                    11/07/01

                    09:27

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Ant Users

                    List"

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, <MARobertson@dstsystems.com> wrote:

> Directory structure:
> d:\netserver
>   source
>     com
>       dstsystems
>         awd
>           util
>   classes
>     com
>       dstsystems
>         awd
>           util

Looks OK, are your directory names all lowercase (as you show it
here)?  Pattern matching in in/exclude elements generally is case
sensitive.

> <javac srcdir="d:\netserver\source"
>        destdir="d:\netserver\classes" >
>   <include name="com\dstsystems\awd\util\*.java" />
> </javac>

looks OK as well.  But if there is a single uppercase letter in
com\dstsystems\awd\util\, this is going to fail.

> I've tried running ant with this both from d:\netserver\source and
> d: \netserver\source\com\dstsystems\awd\util.

OK, where is your build file and what is the value of the basedir
attribute of your project tag?  I hope you are not running Ant 1.2 or
even an earlier version.

Stefan