ant-user mailing list archives

From <Alexander_Ander...@manulife.com>
Subject Antcall clears filter's
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:55:04 GMT
Hello Ant users,
I'm using Ant 1.3. When I set up a <filter> and then use <antcall> on
another target that uses the filter, the behaviour is as if the filter was
unset.
I was wondering if this is a bug or a feature. (An example is attached.)
I see from the documentation for Ant 1.4 that <antcall> now has a new
attribute inheritAll. Does it only apply to properties or to filters as
well? I don't think it matters anyway because inheritAll will be set to
"true" by default.
The last question. Is is possible to find out if a filter is set similar to
how <available> task works?
Here is the example:

[build.xml]
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<project default="test">

    <target name="filter">
        <filter token="foo" value="bar"/>
    </target>

    <target name="test" depends="filter">
        <antcall target="copy"/>
    </target>

    <target name="copy">
        <copy file="foo.txt" tofile="bar.txt" filtering="yes" overwrite
="yes"/>
    </target>

</project>

[foo.txt]