ant-user mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <>
Subject translate javac output
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:16:04 GMT
please bear with me, cos I'm new to this list, and I can't find the answer
to this question in the archive..

I use a freeware IDE, Jcreator, which suits me fine, I can set up ant to be
run from within it for any project and any target (nice) and for it to
capture ant's output.

Great I hear you say, But..

But, when I use ant to compile I make it copy all of my .java files from
/src/ into /build/ in case there are any task which will modify the source
(tag replacements being but one example).

My problem is that while Jcreator gets the javac errors and warnings
correctly via ant, recognises them and lets me jump straight to that
error/warning in the source, the javac output is pointing it to /build/ and
it opens the copy thats there, when I really want to edit the version in
/src/ :-(

Is there any way I can get ant to translate the paths it gets from javac's
output to offset them to the dir I want to see?

the replacement would be a simply a swap of /build/ and /src/ wherever it

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message