ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Claassen <...@donnell.com>
Subject Prompt
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 16:51:26 GMT
Is there any way to prompt for information during a script (without writing
a custom task)?  When I compile my code for release, we tag it in CVS.  We
then use this tag name in the code to generate the version numbers.

What I would like to do is have ant prompt me for a tag and a branch.  Then
it could automatically check out the correct tagged version of the files
that contain the $Name$, compile it (with the $Name$ expanded), build jars,
and then checkout the head of the branch again so I am where I left off.

I could do this with command line parameters as well, but using it this way
in netbeans is a little less convenient.

Thanks for your time,
Mark

Mark Claassen
Donnell Systems, Inc.