ant-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Tuft Muller" <...@online.no>
Subject Ant 1.4.1: Javac task compiling source despite non-altered source files
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:51:04 GMT
Hi,

>From the Javac task documentation:

"The source and destination directory will be recursively scanned for Java
source files to compile. Only Java files that have no corresponding class
file or where the class file is older than the java file will be compiled."

My javac task(s) recompile(s) the full source *every single* time I run the
project file irrespective of the class files exist in the build directory or
not, and irrespective whether the source-files have been altered.

Extract from one of the project files:

<target name="compile" depends="prepare">
		<javac destdir="${build.classes}"
			srcdir="${src.dir}"
			debug="${java.compiler.debug}"
			deprecation="${java.compiler.deprecation}"
			optimize="${java.compiler.optimize}">
			<classpath refid="classpath"/>
		</javac>
</target>

Ant version: Ant version 1.4.1 compiled on November 12 2001
OS: Win2k, service pack 2

Any ideas why?

--

Thomas