ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peterson, Brian" <Brian.Peter...@westgroup.com>
Subject re: tree like build.xml
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:14:22 GMT
Hello,

In my Java package tree, I don't always want to compile, or include file, in
the Javadoc, or a Jar.  I only want to expose the API classes.

If my hierarchy is:

top
	build.xml
	com
		foo
			bar
				build.xml
				*.java
			bar2
				build.xml
				*.java

and the build.xml is at the "com" level.  As a developer changes "bar" or
"bar2", they will modify a build.xml in the corresponding directory.  If all
"builds" are kicked off from the top/build.xml, it seems that either
bar/build.xml would need to issue the JavaDoc command, or call back into the
top/build.xml after setting some parameters, i.e. a file set.

I would prefer to call back to the top/build.xml so I can reuse build code,
but this seems kinda goofy.

Any better suggestions?

thanks,
brian