ant-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Berry <christopher.be...@etrade.com>
Subject RE: Unset property Value!
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 05:51:12 GMT
I think this is what you are after
http://www.mail-archive.com/ant-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03059.html
It works great for me ;-)
Cheers,
-- Chris

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
 Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 7:25 PM
 To: Ant Users List; svarath@rnm.ca
 Subject: RE: Unset property Value!

 --- Sekar Varatharajan <svarath@rnm.ca> wrote:
 > so if you have any custom task which can unset the property
 > value please send it, it will make my life easier i can avoid another
 > extra build.xml getting used :)

 I didn't find anything in the archives, so either I didn't
 search on the
 right thing, or I did just imagine someone submitting an <unset> task
 before. But it seemed like it should be a pretty straightforward little
 task to write, so I gave it a whirl -- and ended up getting bit by that
 Java can't-get-there-from-here thing when it came to accessing the
 properties table. Since I didn't have time to figure out what
 I'd need to
 do to get around that, I figured I'd just try it in a <script> and see
 what happened -- and for some reason, it did let me do it from there:

       projname.properties.remove("property_name");
       ]]>
     </script>

 Add this to your sub-build target before the <ant> to your
 main buildfile,
 replacing "projname" with the name of your sub-project and
 "property_name"
 with the name of the property you want to unset.

 But I should probably also say that it might actually be better to
 reexamine your approach and see if you even really need to go
 this route.

 Diane

 =====
 (holtdl@yahoo.com)