ant-user mailing list archives

From "Glebow, Philip BGI SF" <Philip.Gle...@barclaysglobal.com>
Subject Regular Expressions and the Mapper
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 23:21:31 GMT
I am having difficulty configuring Ant to use regular expressions in the
mapper.  I am using Ant 1.4 with JDK 1.3.  My CLASSPATH includes a
fully-qualified reference to ant.jar.  When I run Ant, I get:

    No supported regular expression matcher found

The documentation mentions that one must define the property
"ant.regexp.matcherimpl" if the JDK version is < 1.4.  I defined this
property in my build.xml file like this:

    <property name="ant.regexp.matcherimpl"
value="org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.JakartaOroMatcher"/>

which did not help.  I tried all other classes in the
org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp package without success.  I also tried
specifying this parameter on the command line using the -D option to Ant.

Do I need to install a separate .jar file or is ant.jar the proper one to
use?

Phil