ant-user mailing list archives

From Judy Sowell <jsow...@avolent.com>
Subject RE: Building multiple targets using the <ant> task?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:11:37 GMT
One way to do this would be to have one target which uses <antcall> to call
all your other targets when you want to do your full clean, build and tests.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Pendleton [mailto:bpendleton@edgility.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 12:01 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Building multiple targets using the <ant> task?

When I run ant from the command line, I can say

  ant clean build test1 test2

and that single invocation of ant will figure out
all the task dependencies and build all the named
targets, in one single clean pass.

Can I do the same thing using the <ant> task? I
tried the obvious

  <ant target="clean build test1 test2"/>

and ant responded with

  Target 'clean build test1 test2' does not exist in this project.

thanks,

bryan

mailto:Bryan.Pendleton@edgility.com