ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Pearlman Spencer" <Alan.PearlmanSpen...@Mobileaware.com>
Subject RE: INCLUDE possible?
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:15:29 GMT
Hi,
I've found a way:
If you want to define a new target or property
Add this to the top of the build.xml file:
	<!DOCTYPE project  [
		<!ENTITY test-file SYSTEM "testInclude.xml">
	]>
And then start the project:
	<project name="project" default="all" basedir=".">
And then where you need to include the file:
	&test-file;
And get on with the rest:
	</project>

Alan.

-----Original Message-----
From: HANDSCHMANN Robert [mailto:HANDSCHMANN@scigames.at]
Sent: 19 November 2001 08:52
To: 'Ant-User'
Subject: INCLUDE possible?

Hi Guys,

I have several projects, which I want to build stand-alone and also
build
them altogether.
I created a build file in the SRC directory of each project and one in
the
root directory of all projects.
The build file in the root directory starts the sub-builds using the ANT
task.

Now my question: is it possible to have a common build file for all
projects
that I can inlude in the project´s build file to share common build
rules?
Has anyone done (needed) this before?

Thanks,
Robert