ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Pearlman Spencer" <Alan.PearlmanSpen...@Mobileaware.com>
Subject RE: log4j + JUnit + Ant 1.4
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:06:35 GMT
I have used these together...
I think is is because ANT tried to catch output (System.out) from tasks.
I would use a file appender if I were you...
Alan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Berry [mailto:christopher.berry@etrade.com]
Sent: 15 November 2001 21:59
To: Ant-User (E-mail)
Subject: log4j + JUnit + Ant 1.4

Greetings,
I am trying to get the junit task to run properly with log4j. Has anyone
else been successful with this??
If I print to System.out in my JUnit Tests, the output is properly
created. But when I use log4j to a ConsoleAppender, it is not.
I am using the following Target definition::

  <target name="run_junit" description="Run Single JUnit test"
if="testcase" depends="quick" >
    <junit printsummary="withOutAndErr" haltonfailure="yes" fork="true"

      <classpath>
        <pathelement location="${efc.pkgs.unpacked}" />
        <fileset dir="${efc.pkgs.lib}">
          <include name="**/*.jar" />
        </fileset>
        <pathelement location="${efc.pkgs.unpacked.classes}" />
      </classpath>
      <formatter type="plain" usefile="true" />
      <test name="${testcase}" />
    </junit>
  </target>

NOTE: In order to see my output in the JUnit Formatters, I ended up
having to add the following lines to  JUnitTestRunner::run().
            System.setOut( systemOut );
            System.setErr( systemError );
Without these lines I never saw *any* output at all????

Thanks,
-- Chris

Chris Berry  --- christopher.berry@etrade.com  -- 512-323-9479