ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alan Pearlman Spencer" <Alan.PearlmanSpen...@Mobileaware.com>
Subject RE: Is there a way to search a directory structure?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:03:46 GMT
Maybe you can help me with another way of addressing the need I have...

I have a build script used by the whole team and different people want
to have
it behave slightly differently.
The two options are:
	1> It builds in place (classes live with java files etc...)
Or
	2> It builds to a separate output directory...

I have a clean_all target that tries to decide which you are doing and:
	1> selectively delete target files
	2> blindly delete the whole directory...

But, as people are getting up to speed with the process I am afraid that
the
source tree may be a subdirectory of the output directory in some cases
(as a mistake
really).
So, I decided I would scan the complete output tree for build.xml (or
something
else that is not 'supposed' to be in the output dir) and if I find it I
can assume
method 2 is a bad idea.
At the moment I can deal with if the src and output are the same, but
not if source is a
subdirectory of output.

Basically I think it is quite likely that someone will set output to be
the parent
of the source not exactly the same as it...

I may just end up sending out a warning about this to the team.

Thanks,
Alan.