ant-user mailing list archives

From "Li, Jerry" <Jerry...@WorldChain.com>
Subject RE: Scope of a property
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 01:39:45 GMT
I want to discuss a little bit more on this.

>From what I understand, a property within a target will not be available to
another target unless there is a dependence.

For example,

<target name="myInit">
	<property name="Me" value="IsMe"/>
</target>

<target name="showMe">
	<echo message="${Me}"/>
</target>

the above echo will not display any.

However, the following will work
<target name="showMe" depends="myInit">
	<echo message="${Me}"/>
</target>

But anyway, in order to make a property global, you have to put it outside
targets.
Am I right?

thanks,

Jerry