ant-user mailing list archives

From "STEPHENSON, Jill" <Jill.STEPHEN...@suncorpmetway.com.au>
Subject RE: Is there a way to search a directory structure?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:10:03 GMT
I would suggest not trying to build your class files into the same location
as your java files, it is fraught with danger and you can guarantee that
fat fingers will end up deleting class files rather than java files.

>From what I have seen the accepted practice is to always build to a
different location then your clean target can simply delete the output
directory.  Also building distributions become a whole lot easier.

Have a serious look at why people 'think' they want their classes in the
same location as their java files.

--
Jill

The contents of this message are the views of the Author and
do not necessarily reflect the views of SUNCORP METWAY LTD.
ABN 66 010 831 722

http://www.suncorpmetway.com.au