ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Bailey" <ch...@codeintensity.com>
Subject Example of multi-directory build?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:35:40 GMT
Recently there was a thread about where to look for example build files to
learn how best to structure your own.  I'm hoping to find a more specific
suggestion...  I am wanting to convert a system that uses make to use Ant.
Right now there are is a top level makefile which basically just lists all
the subdirectories (only one level), of which each contain a makefile.  The
top level file (actually a file it includes) contains all the rules (the
individual directory makefiles all include this rules file as well).

The deal is that I want to be able to build just one directory (as in cd
into that dir, and type make), or build the entire thing by building from
the top level.  All subdirectories have the same build process, just
different sets of source files.

So, I'm looking for an example of how best to do this with Ant.  I'm new to
Ant, so maybe this is trivial, but being able to see another example (and/or
have folks suggest approaches) would be helpful.  Thanks in advance...

____
Chris Bailey        mailto:chris@codeintensity.com
Code Intensity      http://www.codeintensity.com