ant-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Kohler" <koh...@cms.tecmath.de>
Subject RE: How do you version jar files?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:13:44 GMT
Hi,

Thanks, It seems to me that I've already seen this, but it wasn't clear to
me if it would help me that much ...

I probably could use the standard Attribute name instead of my proprietary one.

> It is not bad
> but is a really immature system in some ways. If you want to make an
> incompatible change you have to change the name of your
> library - there is no
> way to express the idea that major version of library are
> incompatible or
> anything like that.

We use a 3 digit version number, the library remain compatible as long as only
the last digit changes.

Regards,
Markus