ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject [POLL] <style> and XSLT processors
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:52:19 GMT
Hello all,

Just for information I would like to know what processor people are using to
perform <style> task..or simply would be interested in

Please check what apply:

[ ] 1. TraX (Xalan 2.x, Saxon) - supported in Ant
[ ] 2. Xalan 1.x (reminder, this one is no more supported by the Xalan team)
- supported in Ant
[ ] 3. XT
[ ] 4. XSL:P - supported in Ant - will be deprecated
[ ] 5. AdaptX - supported in Ant CVS
[ ] 6. Other, please specify

I'm planning to remove support for XSLP and AdaptX unless there is a
compelling demand from users.

If a new processor such as AdaptX surface, I do think it is mandatory for it
to be TraX compliant so that we do not come back to the situation a year ago
with a different API for each processor.

That said, I think the support for XT is probably more interesting to have
since it is still AFAIK the fastest Java XSL processor.
Even though I hope that someone will write a TraX adapter for XT one day...
It has been on the pipe a year ago by an ex colleague of mine at  and it is
surfacing again from what I can see in a recent message in 4XT
http://www.4xt.org/list/0365.html

Thank you for participating.

Cheers,

Stephane