ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: ClearCase updates
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:10:07 GMT

Clearcase has some good things, but it's too bloated and price is
prohibitive. Particulary considering the administration and maintenance
cost.

Some simple actions are incredibly complex and expensive to achieve.

Take for example how it is complex to get the list of files that have
changed, been added and removed since a label... You spend more time doing
perl scripts than anything else, it's a little bit like JBuilder. It forces
you to code ton of plugins to satisfy your need, therefore you spend more
time coding for the tools than coding with the tools.

The diff tool is complete crap as well, so if someone knows how to plugin
Araxis Merge to replace it I will thank him forever. I also don't understand
how they can spend time doing a XML diff tool that makes chinese looks like
a native language for an occidental.

Stephane