ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4.1
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:52:18 GMT

What do you mean by 'classpath' here ?
I highly recommend to have your CLASSPATH environment variable empty. Or set
to '.' at least for convenience but that's all.

Ant will get all .jar file that you put in the lib directory and use it for
running its JVM.
If you do it this way you have better control on your environnement that
relying on some jars possibily set or not in your classpath. If you don't do
that there is no way for me that you can work correctly in a team because
you can be sure that not all developpers will be using the same versions
when running the build file.

So the best thing to do is to have Ant in source control along with its
appropriate libs and use a script in each build directory that refers to Ant
script (this way you don't have to deal about setting a Ant\bin in your
path, etc..) IMHO it's the best way to ensure integrity about your
environment and to be sure that all people are actually not shooting
themselves in the foot.

Stephane