ant-user mailing list archives

From "Larason, Timothy" <>
Subject RE: Line numbers on Stack traces
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:49:26 GMT
Correct me if I'm wrong everyone...but I believe the javac setting
"debug=true" used to be the default for Ant 1.3, but isn't for Ant 1.4.
To get the line numbers back in just do the following :

<javac debug="true" .... />

I guess it probably is best that "debug=true" is no longer the default.
Makes for more efficient and smaller code in my opinion.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Oxley []
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 12:38 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Line numbers on Stack traces

I have lost line numbers on stack traces with code compiled with Ant
They used to be there when I compiled with Ant 1.3. Is this a default
setting that has changed, a bug with Ant 1.4, or is it just coincidence
actually caused by something completely different.
>From the following excerpt, you can see that Tomcat line numbers come
but not from our sources.
      at StaffPlannerServlet.processRequest(Unknown Source)
      at com.staffplanner.base.ServletBase.doPost(Unknown Source)
      at com.staffplanner.base.ServletBase.doGet(Unknown Source)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message