ant-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Brogan <adrian.bro...@peregrine.com>
Subject RE: Environment Variables - Ahhhhggg
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 13:28:41 GMT
Thanks

You are correct in that the JDK 1.3 doesn't handle this correctly. Tried it
in JDK 1.2 and it works first time.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: 08 November 2001 12:34
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Environment Variables - Ahhhhggg

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Adrian Brogan <adrian.brogan@peregrine.com> wrote:

> 1. The shell script directory isn't in the PATH, but I thought the
> 'dir' attribute of the Exec command would let me specify the
> directory where the shell script is and hence I would not need to
> set the PATH up.

As long as . is in the PATH, yes - I think in most modern
installations it is not.

Ant will cd to the directory given by the dir attribute and then try
to run your script - can you invoke the script if you simply cd to the
directory and type ANTcreateVersion.sh at the command prompt?

> 2. I then tried to add the shell script directory to the PATH before
> running the exec command (as instructed in the user guide):

Are you using JDK 1.3?  With this, Ant won't use the shell script and
I guess that Java will not use the newly supplied PATH, but the one
the VM has been started with.

I think, one of the this two versions

<exec executable="./ANTcreateVersion.sh" dir="${PBuildDir}/build">

<exec executable="${PBuildDir}/build/ANTcreateVersion.sh"
      dir="${PBuildDir}/build">

will work.

Stefan