ant-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Brogan <>
Subject RE: Environment Variables - Ahhhhggg
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 13:28:41 GMT

You are correct in that the JDK 1.3 doesn't handle this correctly. Tried it
in JDK 1.2 and it works first time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig []
Sent: 08 November 2001 12:34
Subject: Re: Environment Variables - Ahhhhggg

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Adrian Brogan <> wrote:

> 1. The shell script directory isn't in the PATH, but I thought the
> 'dir' attribute of the Exec command would let me specify the
> directory where the shell script is and hence I would not need to
> set the PATH up.

As long as . is in the PATH, yes - I think in most modern
installations it is not.

Ant will cd to the directory given by the dir attribute and then try
to run your script - can you invoke the script if you simply cd to the
directory and type at the command prompt?

> 2. I then tried to add the shell script directory to the PATH before
> running the exec command (as instructed in the user guide):

Are you using JDK 1.3?  With this, Ant won't use the shell script and
I guess that Java will not use the newly supplied PATH, but the one
the VM has been started with.

I think, one of the this two versions

<exec executable="./" dir="${PBuildDir}/build">

<exec executable="${PBuildDir}/build/"

will work.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>