ant-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Brogan <adrian.bro...@peregrine.com>
Subject Environment Variables - Ahhhhggg
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:16:10 GMT
Before exasperation finally sets in, can somebody help!

I am trying to run a UNIX shell script using the Exec task.

1. The shell script directory isn't in the PATH, but I thought the 'dir'
attribute of the Exec command would let me specify the directory where the
shell script is and hence I would not need to set the PATH up. I tried this
but I received the error:

	Execute failed: java.io.IOException: ANTcreateVersion.sh: not found

2. I then tried to add the shell script directory to the PATH before running
the exec command (as instructed in the user guide):

			<exec executable="ANTcreateVersion.sh"
dir="${PBuildDir}/build">
				<env key="PATH"
path="${java.library.path}:${PBuildDir}/build"/>
			</exec>

but still I get the error

	Execute failed: java.io.IOException: ANTcreateVersion.sh: not found

3. I the tried setting the PATH before the exec command using the other
method in the user guide.

  <property environment='env'/>
  <property name="${env.PATH}"
value="${java.library.path}:${PBuildDir}/build"/>

but still I get the error

	Execute failed: java.io.IOException: ANTcreateVersion.sh: not found

I have tried this on ANT version 1.4 and 1.3, running on Linux and Solaris,
but all behave the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Adrian