ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Gregoire <>
Subject RE: junit sequencing
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 17:50:32 GMT
Heres how i did it using a suite()...

import junit.framework.*;

public class TestMyConfiguration extends TestCase {

	public TestMyConfiguration(String name) {

	public void setUp() throws Exception {
		//setup stuff clipped

	public void tearDown() throws Exception {

	public void testNumberOne() throws Exception {
		//do something

	public static Test suite() {
		TestSuite suite = new TestSuite();
		suite.addTest(new TestMyConfiguration("testNumberOne"));
		suite.addTest(new TestMyConfiguration("testNumberTwo"));
		suite.addTest(new TestMyConfiguration("testNumberFive"));
		return suite;

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hewitt []
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 7:53 AM
Subject: junit sequencing

I'm just thinking about a junit framework for our automated
ant builds.  Currently, the tests we have been considering have
an implied order, yet, other than using depend, or hardcoding a list
of tests, I can't see how to guarantee this sequence in ant.
For instance, the expansion of a fileset is presumably not
guaranteed to be alphabetical on all platforms.

So what methods have been used, an which work best?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message