ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ramasubbu, Hari" <hari.ramasu...@verizon.com>
Subject RE: Converting C / visual C++ makefiles to Ant
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:18:28 GMT
Jerry

 I was also wondering if there is any perl based solutions to build.Please
let me know how u r using Perl to
do builds for vb/c++ projects.

Thanks
Hari

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennany, Jerome {AVL~Roswell} [mailto:JEROME.DENNANY@ROCHE.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 3:08 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Converting C / visual C++ makefiles to Ant

I've converted one medium sized VB / C++ based project from batch files to
ANT, using VB's and MSDEV's command line parameters.  It wasn't particularly
painful, and is noticeably better than plain batch files, but is not quite
as flexible as a script based solution such as PERL.  In fact, I am looking
at dumping ANT and going with a custom PERL based solution  (More scripting,
but also more flexible).  ANT is neat, but I think its niche remains with
Java solutions.

It's just my $.02.  Your Mileage May Vary.

Jerry Dennany
Software Configuration Management
Roche Diagnostics Corp
Roswell, GA  USA