ant-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Creating a ZIP based on changed files
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:43:42 GMT
I have a build that creates a very large ZIP file which contains the entire
system that gets deployed. The trouble is that my deployment machine is
quite remote from me, and I don't want to transfer the entire system if
there are only a couple of files that need to be updated on the deployment
machine.

What I would like to do is use Ant to create a difference ZIP containing
just the files that have been added or changed since the complete system
ZIP was created.

Conceptually what I'd like to do is create a fileset based on the contents
of the ZIP file and then filter out of the fileset files that are identical
to ones in a directory tree. I'd then like to feed that filtered fileset
into a <zip task>.

This is the sequence that the <zip> task (and the <copy> task) perform
automatically, except that the destination is always the same as the
original fileset that is being compared against. I'd like some way to
specify in Ant that I want the destination to be in a different place, so
that it can contain ONLY the changed files.

Does anyone have any ideas about how Ant could do this, or do I need to
hack the source?