ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <>
Subject Re: Ant build - Solaris
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:24:34 GMT

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:03, Quintus, Guenter wrote:
 > i am trying to build a project under Solaris which worked fine under
 > Windows but causes extreme memory usage under Solaris.
 > It takes some hundred MB when compiling with Ant and if Ant is included
 > in cruisecontrol i reach 1 GB Memory usage without problems.

While I've never hit the 1G mark, my build files often require more than
100M of memory to run - on a Win98 box.

When I originally questioned the extreme memory consumption of Ant, the
JVM to prevent out-of-memory errors.

You might just have to live with it - I have.

"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<>
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not