ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: "First time user" question
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 01:01:00 GMT
At 01:17 6/11/2001 +0200, Liora Milbaum wrote:

>I am new to ant and I have a problem using it.
>I have downloaded and installed successfully ant release 1.3. When I try to
>run the command: ant -version, I get the next error:
>"Files\ant\jakarta-ant-1.3a==a was unexpected at this time."

You have installed Ant into a directory containing a space - at a guess,
"Program Files" on a Windows box.

Instead, use a directory that doesn't contain spaces.

Mine is installed to C:\software\ant\ but C:\Ant is common too.

Cheers,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).