ant-user mailing list archives

From Jay Burgess <jburg...@delanotech.com>
Subject Simple question?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 14:46:09 GMT
(New Ant user.  Apologies if this is doc'ed somewhere.  I can't find it.)

The "jar" attribute of the "Java" task indicates "must have a Main-Class
entry in the manifest". The only way I've found to define the Main-Class is
to first create my own manifest, then pass it to the "Jar" task.

It seems easier in my simple case that the "Jar" task could have something
like a "mainclass" attribute, so that Ant could include it in the simple
manifest that it creates.  This would save me the step of creating the
manifest first, simply to define the Main-Class.  Did I understand things
correctly?

If this is a feature request, then obviously it's not a high priority one.

Thanks.

Jay