ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: concat files ?
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:52:35 GMT
Hello,

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
>
> > How about we extend <echo> to have a srcFile attribute.
>
> I'm not sure whether this would finally really overload that poor echo
> task ...  I could live with that.

As long as the contents of the file specified with the srcFile is
evaluated for Ant properties the same way it's done within
wouldn't be consistent with what <echo> already supports.

This feature could be rather useful for simple templating in properties
files, etc.

Otherwise, for general appending of files, the <concat> task sounds like a
better way to go.

-Bill