ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant 1.4 Jar metainf Problem?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:48:02 GMT
bryan hansen wrote:

> Needless to say it just skips the manifest file that I
> have defined and just uses the one created by ant
> instead.
>
> Bryan-
>
> --- bryan hansen <bh5k@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello-
>>
>>I am using Ant1.4 and trying to jar up an
>>application.
>>I noticed the metainf element and tried to use it to
>>include my manifest file. IE:
>>
>><target name="bundle" depends="compile">
>> <jar jarfile="${dist}/lib/SpecialOrder.jar">
>>   <metainf dir="${src}">
>>     <include name="${src}/META-INF/Manifest.mf"/>
>>   </metainf>
>>   <fileset dir="${build}" />
>> </jar>
>></target>

Use the manifest attribute to identify your manifest file. Then
everything will be OK.

You normally get a warning if you include a manifest file like this. In
your case, however, I think you will find that your include directive is
not including any files since you are actually looking for a file
${src}/${src}/META-INF/Manifest.mf

Trying removing the ${src} in the include element. You should then get
the warning. You solve that by dumping the <metainf> element altogether
and using the manifest attribute.

<jar jarfile="${dist}/lib/SpecialOrder.jar"
manifest="${src}/META-INF/Manifest.mf">

The metainf element is used for non-manifest meta info.

Conor