ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Davis <pe...@speaklink.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.4.1: Javac task compiling source despite non-altered source files
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:06:26 GMT
If your source directory structure does not correspond to the package
structure, then the classes will be recompiled every time.  For example,
if your class is org.foo.mypack.Class, then your source must be in
srcdir/org/foo/mypack/Class.java.

Thomas Tuft Muller wrote:

>Hi,
>
>>>From the Javac task documentation:
>
>"The source and destination directory will be recursively scanned for Java
>source files to compile. Only Java files that have no corresponding class
>file or where the class file is older than the java file will be compiled."
>
>My javac task(s) recompile(s) the full source *every single* time I run the
>project file irrespective of the class files exist in the build directory or
>not, and irrespective whether the source-files have been altered.
>
>Extract from one of the project files:
>
><target name="compile" depends="prepare">
>		<javac destdir="${build.classes}"
>			srcdir="${src.dir}"
>			debug="${java.compiler.debug}"
>			deprecation="${java.compiler.deprecation}"
>			optimize="${java.compiler.optimize}">
>			<classpath refid="classpath"/>
>		</javac>
></target>
>
>Ant version: Ant version 1.4.1 compiled on November 12 2001
>OS: Win2k, service pack 2
>
>Any ideas why?
>
>--
>
>Thomas

Furthermore, I believe bacon prevents hair loss.

Peter Davis
Developer, Speaklink Inc.
peter@speaklink.com