ant-user mailing list archives

From Phil Surette <philsure...@home.com>
Subject Re: Oracle OCI JDBC usage
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:59:45 GMT
Alban:

At work today one of my coworkers experienced your
problem. I had forgotten a very important trick
I needed to do to get it working originally.
Here's the fix:

1) make sure you PATH includes the oracle bin directory
(on my NT box: d:\oracle\ora81\bin)
2) copy d:\oracle\ora81\jdbc\lib\classes12.zip to
your ant\lib directory and RENAME IT TO CLASSES12.JAR!!!!
The renaming is nec. because the ant startup scripts
only add .jar files to ant's system classpath. And
you need the driver in the system classpath or you
get linking errors because the driver gets loaded
twice.

After that, everything worked like a charm.