ant-user mailing list archives

From Johan Adelöw <Johan.Ade...@corustechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Calling sub projects from buildfile
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:41:39 GMT
Yes, but the if/unless attribute checks only if the value is set or not in
this way I will always set the value in the ant call either to my value
"true" or to ${debug} or have I misunderstood you?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: den 29 november 2001 10:18
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Calling sub projects from buildfile

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Johan Adelöw <Johan.Adelow@corustechnologies.com>
wrote:

> This is all fine, but if someone then wants to debug compile we use
> a property debug withe the -D option on the command line call. When
> I use the inheritAll="false" alternative this property wont either
> be inherited ofcourse.

<property name="debug" value="whatever-is-your-default-value" />

<ant inheritall="false" ...>
  <property name="debug" value="${debug}" />
</ant>

The -Ddebug=xyz will override the value defined with the property task
in the build file and the nested property element will pass this value
further down.

Stefan