ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anupama Ramesh" <>
Subject redefining path id aliases in a subproject
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:11:31 GMT
 Hi Friends,
I'm a new user.If you're using build.xml and defining subprojects this
may be important.I was wondering if any of you have seen the problem.Ant
won't let a subproject redefine path id aliases.  So, if someone defines
a path id for your classpath like:

    <path id="class.path">
        <pathelement path="${classpath}"/>
        <pathelement location="${jboss.dist}/lib/ext/jboss-j2ee.jar"/>
        <pathelement location="${tomcat.dist}/lib/servlet.jar"/>

And you try to redefine class.path in a subproject's build.xml the
redefinition won't take.

  If anyone knows of a solution to this I would be interested to know
what it is. Thanks in advance for your help.

Anupama Ramesh
Release Manager
DemandTec, Inc

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>