ant-user mailing list archives

From Charles Hudak <CHu...@arrowheadgrp.com>
Subject using exec to launch Tomcat
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:51:55 GMT
Hi,

As part of my build script I've created a deploy target that stops my Tomcat
server, deletes the appropriate webapp directory, copies over the new .war
file and restarts the server.

The problem is with using the exec task for restarting the server. Ant waits
for the process that was executed to finish but since I am starting the
server, it never does. Ant just hangs waiting for the process to finish. I
can think of several ways around this nuisance but none are suitable for a
production quality script.

Does anyone have any experience doing something like this?

Thanks in advance,

Charles