ant-user mailing list archives

From Don Taylor <donald_l_taylor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: setting / amending CLASSPATH in script
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:51:13 GMT
You don't state what you're trying to do, but I can tell you one thing:
you cannot modify your classpath for the current executing jvm. Period.
It is considered read-only (just in case you point out that you *can*
modify it, you'll find out the mods wan't "take"). The best you can do
is create a new classloader using the classpath extensions you want,
but that opens up a whole other can of worms.

--- "Broderick, Kevin" <kevin.broderick@iona.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I spotted a recent thread that I thought answered my question, re
> setting environment
> variables but I'm not sure I get it. If I want to amend an
> environment
> variable, i.e.
> the CLASSPATH, can I do this from within the ant script? I've tried
> setting the CLASSPATH
> in the same shell that I intend to run the script but that seems not
> work. I've also
> tried using <classpath><property location="c:\devel\myJar.jar"
> /></classpath> inside the target
> and on it's own but I think I'm on the wrong track there aswell. I'm
> using ANT 1.4 on Win2K.
> Any help / info greatly appreciated,
> Kevin
>
> --