ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Standardized jar manifest entries? (Re: How do you version jar files?)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:12:10 GMT
Personally I would instead choose to just enhance the jdk1.3 "Optional
Pacakge" spec with an extra attribute. (ie Jakarta-Rules: true or something
better named) and then just add more fixed rules on interpretation of
versions. The reason is that the "Optional Pacakge" spec is used in servlet,
ejb and applet containers (and webstart???) atm. It will most likely be
incorporated into other specs as time goes on.

It would be much less effort IMO to create a document and magic attribute
that described meanings exactly rather than adding another cutdown version
which is not used anywhere outside jakarta.

--
Cheers,

Pete