ant-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rogers <jacae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant with VisualAge for Java
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:26:10 GMT
--- Bacardi Wasabi <sethu_ant@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1. Wondering if anybody using ant with VAJava in a
> real life project? Is it effective? Easy to use?

I used it in my last job for a while.  However, because we
were dependent on CVS in order to be in line with the rest
of the company, I found it easier to export the sources for
all of our CVS modules using a custom tool and then run Ant
outside of the envionment.

Personally, I felt it was a little clunky.  Not that it was
a bad integration -- I just felt that the paradigm mix
didn't quite work for me.

> 2. also looking for sample build.xml (apart from one
> given in docs) which does importing projects, building
> jar from vaj repository

Didn't use it for this purpose.

-jason

=====