ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do you version jar files?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:33:08 GMT
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:36, Markus Kohler wrote:
> If Java would have a standard for this  (I haven't found one)

See jdk1.3 docs looking for term Extension or Optional Package. It is not bad
but is a really immature system in some ways. If you want to make an
incompatible change you have to change the name of your library - there is no
way to express the idea that major version of library are incompatible or
anything like that.

--
Cheers,

Pete