ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building multiple targets using the <ant> task?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:40:18 GMT
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:01, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> When I run ant from the command line, I can say
>
>   ant clean build test1 test2
>
> and that single invocation of ant will figure out
> all the task dependencies and build all the named
> targets, in one single clean pass.

actually this is almost equivelent to
ant clean
ant build
ant test1
ant test2

except that the properties are kept between each run. So there is no magic
working out of dependencies etc.

In Ant2 we have discussed making it exactly equivelent to
ant clean
ant build
ant test1
ant test2

due to user requests.

> Can I do the same thing using the <ant> task? I
> tried the obvious
>
>   <ant target="clean build test1 test2"/>

you could try
<antcall target="clean"/>