ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Command line input
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:18:15 GMT
On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 00:37, Kevin Jones wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I hoped that wasn't the case :-(
>
> Is this a fundamental problem in Ant or is there some work-around?

It is not a "fundamental problem in Ant" as much as a design choice some made
when they originally wrote the java task. You could argue that it was the
wrong choice but thats a different thing. A solution for you may be to modify
java task and then taskdef it like

<taskdef name="xjava" classname="com.biz.ant.MyCustomJava" />

However I don't think there is a way to do it without writing a custom task.

> Kevin Jones
> Developmentor
> www.develop.com

Cheers,

Pete

When a stupid man is doing something he's ashamed of, he always
declares that it is his duty.
					 George Bernard Shaw