ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Creating WARs and Weblogic
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:06:49 GMT
What does your task look like?

An example of how I create and test a war file in windows is...

    <jar jarfile="${stage}/Test.war" compress="false">
        <fileset dir="${stage}" includes="WEB-INF/**"/>
            <fileset dir="${source}/content"/>
    </jar>

I take this war file and I transfer it to a solaris box when I am ready
to deploy and it works there too.

What I have noticed is that deployment does not work if you compress
the file.

Does this help?

--James Bullington
--Renaissance Worldwide
--Minneapolis Office

--- Tom Tibbetts <ttibbetts@ecmc.org> wrote:
> I'm doing everything under windows.
> I did try taking the manifest file from the working war and put it
> into the
> non-working war with no success.
>

> At 07:18 PM 11/13/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >Looks like JDK's jar tool uses CRLF to end each line
> >in the manifest irrespective of what platform the jar
> >is being created under.  That is, the manifest present
> >in a jar file, whether it is created from Windows or
> >Unix, will have \r (^M) in each line.  Ant's Manifest
> >creation routine does not do that - it ends each line
> >depending upon the platform - if it is Unix, it ends it
> >with \n - Unix's line separator, and if it is Windows,
> >it ends the line with \r\n - Windows's line separator.
> >
> >Maybe this is causing your problem?
> >
> >Magesh

> > > When the jar is created using Ant in Windows, the
> > > Manifest file is created with Windows specific line
> > > separators.  Hence dumping the war created in windows
> > > isn't readable in Unix, as Unix line separators are
> > > different.
> > >
> > > Guess the Manifest must be created by Ant using
> > > platform-
> > > neutral line separators...
> > >
> > > Magesh
> > >

> > > --
> > akarta.apache.org>
> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > > <mailto:ant-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> > >

> >--
> For additional commands, e-mail:

=====
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the Lord:  He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and
I am trusting himů"

Psalms 91:1-2 (New Living Translation)