ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant build - Solaris
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:40:29 GMT
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:03, Quintus, Guenter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i am trying to build a project under Solaris which worked fine under
> Windows but causes extreme memory usage under Solaris.
> It takes some hundred MB when compiling with Ant and if Ant is included
> in cruisecontrol i reach 1 GB Memory usage without problems.
> Has anyone a clue how to avoid this?

ouch. I have never seen anything like this. Is it specific to solaris or does
it occur on other unixes ? How many files are you compiling and whats their
total size?

>Should i switch from javac usage to
> jikes for example?

You should do that anyways. Jikes is far closer to being fully compliant
parser and generally gives better error messages (with a few exceptions).
Besides it is blindingly fast and will definetly use less memory.

--
Cheers,

Pete