ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Unset property Value!
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 01:25:27 GMT
--- Sekar Varatharajan <svarath@rnm.ca> wrote:
> so if you have any custom task which can unset the property
> value please send it, it will make my life easier i can avoid another
> extra build.xml getting used :)

I didn't find anything in the archives, so either I didn't search on the
right thing, or I did just imagine someone submitting an <unset> task
before. But it seemed like it should be a pretty straightforward little
task to write, so I gave it a whirl -- and ended up getting bit by that
Java can't-get-there-from-here thing when it came to accessing the
properties table. Since I didn't have time to figure out what I'd need to
do to get around that, I figured I'd just try it in a <script> and see
what happened -- and for some reason, it did let me do it from there:

      projname.properties.remove("property_name");
      ]]>
    </script>

Add this to your sub-build target before the <ant> to your main buildfile,
replacing "projname" with the name of your sub-project and "property_name"
with the name of the property you want to unset.

But I should probably also say that it might actually be better to
reexamine your approach and see if you even really need to go this route.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)