ant-user mailing list archives

From SimonRichards...@halifax.co.uk
Subject META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 15:32:55 GMT
I've noticed the jar file created by Ant 1.4 on NT differs by 3 bytes to one
created on Solaris.  Closer inspection revealed CRLF's were included in the
NT version but not on Solaris - accounting for the difference.  This
"behaviour is not present on Ant 1.3 jar files where the manifest files are
identical on NT and Solaris builds.  Can anyone provide an explanation why
this would have changed?

We use the size of the jar file as a checkpoint and when there's a
difference we have to spend some time looking for the reason why.  3 bytes
doesn't sound like a lot, but it does highlight a difference that has to be
accounted for.  Does anyone know how I can "turn off" this new (Ant 1.4)
feature - other than reverting back to version 1.3?

Simon

> Simon Richardson
> Technology
> Tel: 020 7574 8838
> E Mail: simonrichardson2@halifax.co.uk
>
> Halifax Group Treasury & Wholesale Banking
> 33 Old Broad Street
> London
> EC2N 1HZ

Halifax plc, Registered in England No. 2367076.  Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax,
West Yorkshire HX1 2RG. Represents only the Halifax Financial Services Marketing Group for
the purposes of advising on and selling life assurance, pensions and unit trust business.
 The Marketing Group is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.  Switchboard 01422
333333.