ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Moore <Scott.Mo...@netDecide.com>
Subject How do you version jar files?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:43:31 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to solicit people's opinion's on the best way to version our
Jar files so our deployment people can easily find out the version and build
number.  I've seen some jar files include a Version class that when run,
spits out the version number to stdout.  Is this the best way do to that?

If so, I would like to have Ant increment and update the build number in the
Version.java code.  Looking thru the Ant docs, I see there is a file search
and replace text capability, but I didn't see a way to increment a build
number.  Do I need to write a new Ant task to do this operation?

Thanks for any input!

Scott