ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: ClearCase updates
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:02:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephane Bailliez" <sbailliez@imediation.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 02:10
Subject: RE: ClearCase updates

Yeah, it scares me. I fear clearcase. I fear it going wrong, and I fear
trying to do simple things like getting old versions of stuff. And I dont
like having to debug perl to get it to work. I also fail to see why it
doesnt work with DHCP systems like laptops.

> The diff tool is complete crap as well, so if someone knows how to plugin
> Araxis Merge to replace it I will thank him forever. I also don't
understand
> how they can spend time doing a XML diff tool that makes chinese looks
like
> a native language for an occidental.

Tried the diff stuff in jedit yet?

'clearcase' : it aint clear
'sourcesafe' : doesnt keep your source very safe
'CVS': leads to conflict.

I hear nice rumours about subversion.