ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.4.1 and JUnit
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:20:10 GMT
Did you get the optional JAR file also?  It contains the <junit> task
itself.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Cohen" <SteveC@ignitesports.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 4:17 PM
Subject: Ant 1.4.1 and JUnit

I am attempting to upgrade from Ant 1.3 to 1.4.1.  Build.xmls with junit
tasks are failing with this message:

"Could not create task of type: junit. Common solutions are to use
taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional task, to put
the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation
(ANT_HOME)."

According to the docs, in order to use the <junit> task, I must put
junit.jar in the lib of my ANT_HOME dir.  But it IS there.  What else is
needed to run <junit> tasks?  Or is this error message spurious and
something else wrong?

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Ignite Sports Media