ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: jspc
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 02:44:52 GMT
There is a <jspc> task in the nightly build, but also check out bugzilla for
any jspc related issues, there are still a few. It is documented: if  your
man pages show the task, then you are up to date.

The task uses jasper and is fine for testing jsp pages prior to deployment,
but it needs a bit more work before being consistently usable as an
alternative to run time compilation.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McManus" <shawn_mcmanus@EM3corp.com>
To: "Ant Users List (E-mail)" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 1:33 PM
Subject: jspc

Is there a current jspc task in Ant?

I have a need to precompile my jsp's during build.

I'd read in the mail archives that it had been an undocumented task
since 1.2, although when I use it, it get the "can't create message".

The optional.jar has the wljspc task, but when I use it, almost all of
the jsp's fail to compile.

    <wljspc src="${webDir}"
            dest="${destDir}"
            package="myapp"
            classpath="jsps">
      <include name="**/*.jsp" />
    </wljspc>

However, the docs say that it only works on WLS 4.5.1 and I'm using WLS
5.1sp8.

Thanks,
Shawn